Tuesday 30 June 2015

2000AD PROG 1937-Review- At least a beaten dog knows how to lie



Writers and artists: Various
Publisher: Rebellion (Rebellion?)
Released: 1st July 2015



It’s supposed to be hot today, but I’m not hot. I’m cool, man. Yeah, ha ha, I’m cool alright, that’s why I read comic books, and that’s why I’m spending my time now, indoors, typing away, listening to black metal and writing more words about PROG 1937 of 2000AD than anybody else will bother to do. And why should they bother? It’s hot, they are outdoors, doing sweaty stuff, but I’m cool, so I’ll stay indoors doing cool stuff, and onto the review.

It starts with Judge Dredd, we get some torture, it works, and I’ve had enough of the story already. Torture doesn’t work in the real world, but as long as they pretend that it works in the realm of fiction (see 24) the justification stands. All evidence coming from western torture centres (Guantanamo Bay) that demonstrates how torture actually works (it plants information, rather than extracting it) continues to be ignored by a criminally complacent, compliant, condoning mainstream media. Until torture is shown for what it actually is, nothing changes.

Absalom starts in a 1980's UK care home with some Satanic child abuse. It’s nice to see some reality in 2000AD for a change. I’m not joking btw, see David Icke for more details. However, it denigrates quickly with the cops acting as heroes trying to protect the public. Sorry, but reality doesn’t work like that. Cops work for the state, not the public. They protect their masters, like the obedient dogs that they are. The tax paying, voting for slavery, cattle public is controlled, not protected, and cops are little more than the dogs of the corporate elites. Don’t believe me? Try going to a cop when you need help, and see what his response is. They don’t care, because it’s not their job to care. It’s their job to maintain the status quo of their masters, and that is what they do. Absalom ends this week with a reference to Jim Davidson, a comedian whose jokes were woefully dated in 1993. Oh dear. How long does this one run for?

Helium is starring another dog of the elites, a female dog this time. The world controllers love female dogs, they are so materialistic, so career orientated, so easy to control, and so willing to do anything, as long as it pleases their masters. Girl power baby, anyway, this female dog/cop is on protect the public duty, just like Absalom, so at least 2000AD has it’s story straight. Cops protect, remember that, even though it’s not true. The story is better than Absalom, but it is very progressive with men in the role of women and women in the role of men. Welcome to the New World order kids. Don’t be sexist, have a nice day. The story ends with a bloke talking about destroying the world in order to save it. Hey, with a progressive mindset like that the guy is perfect new world order material. If he does what he is told and looks good on the tel lie vision he could even be a future EU technocrat, head of a troika bank or the next US president. Quick, somebody get him a scholarship immediately.

I’m in no mood for nonsense this week. It must be the weather, as truth is boiling up, and rising as steam from my keyboard, and onto the screen, vomited onto the Internet for one man and his dog to look at, dismiss, and to continue their lives as usual.

Next story in 2000AD is Outlier. Oh crud. I couldn’t make any sense of it last week. This week must be better, right? Oh, double crud, it’s beginning with a weak man and a strong, determined, steely-eyed woman bossing everyone around. I see patterns evolving. I read on, and they’re soldiers, or cops, more dogs of the elites. Patterns man, patterns, they form a whole, and the picture is tyranny in a uniform, wearing lipstick, smile, comply or they’ll send the drones.

I’m almost at the end of PROG 1937 of 2000AD now, with one story to go, and it’s been about worship of the uniform, of authority, of female authority working for the corporate elites. That’s not good, but I have faith, so onto the final story, a new one, Jaegir/Tartarus- Part One. Ah man. Here we go again, a female soldier, bossing around the men on the first page, she’s tough in control, action, now back-story.  The villains in this one are dressed up like Nazi’s, no joke, bloody Nazi’s again. Oh, and it has dinosaurs in it. The story is about a young woman acting like a man, following orders in the army, like a female dog, end of review.

I’m very disappointed with PROG 1937 of 2000AD, because there’s nothing here for me, at all. It’s all strong independent female dog stuff. I’m not a female Police officer, or a female army officer, and I consider neither of these two types of people to be worthy of my time. I hope that they have lots of fun following orders and acting like men, but I don’t care about them, and I don’t particularly want to read about them either.

2000AD wasted my time, and now it’s just wasted more of my time on a review that will do me no good whatsoever, and will only end up with bad feeling against me, and inevitable accusations of sexism.

I want to be clear. I dislike feminist liberal marxist types. I dislike the neoliberal corporate status quo. I dislike social justice warriors. I dislike fake rebellion. I dislike anti-human, anti-family propaganda that comes from corporate whore mainstream media programming. I want genuine rebellion in my comics. I want comics that recognise truth and attack, attack, attack. They are rare, but these are the times in which we are living, and if nobody else is going to call out the neoliberal consensus of contemporary comics, I’ll do it myself.

PROG 1937 of 2000AD is a whimpering female dog, begging to serve, all rebellion is gone, oh dear, I think it just pi***d itself. Last week I saw some hope in 2000AD, but this week all I see is a cowered dog, beaten into submission by a friendly faced socially conscious, progressive slave master. I usually recommend that you pick up 2000AD, if only for one of the stories, but this week it’s pure junk. Pat Mills is gone. Slaine is taking a break. He’ll return in 2016, but what is left, what is there to enjoy in 2000AD at the moment? Not a lot I’m afraid. It’s going to be a long, hot, summer, and I’m starting to really feel it now.


Rating: 1/10 (Good cover)


Do you feel defeated? Do you feel like there is no hope, that sleep is the only escape from new world order tyranny, but that even sleep aludes you now? Watch this video. Here it is, defeated masculinity, predicted by the Richey Manic era Manic Street Preachers in 1993:



Pathetic, isn't it? Don't give up, don't accept the new world order, fight against it, the fight is not over, it is only just beginning. The masses are asleep, but the masses never change a thing. Don't seek the change, be the change. Be strong, be annoying, be loud, be aggressive, be unpopular, be free. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment