Wednesday 25 June 2014

Blitz Review: Justice League #31- Lex and Bruce have an interesting chat


Writer: Geoff Johns
Artist: Doug Mahnke
Publisher: DC
Released: 25th June 2014


Although the front cover of this issue is misleading, I forgive that needless deception as the story within of Lex Luthor telling a bluffing Bruce Wayne that he knows he’s Batman is well told and entertaining. The art is weirdly inconsistent with some excellent large panels, and awful facials in the smaller ones. The plot of a new threat is moved a little bit further forward, even if the ending is a bit lame, and there’s a playful comedy interlude to lighten things up as well. Overall, and as one of the very few superhero books that I still get on a monthly basis, it was okay. I enjoyed it, and there was no feminist liberal or statist nonsense to offend. That’s good enough for me, and I’ll keep on buying the book. Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment