Wednesday 11 November 2015

50-Word (Comic) Review- The Goddamned #1: Violently naked, foul-mouthed and very, very good.




Writer: Jason Aaron
Art: R.M. Guera
Colours: Giulia Brusco
Publisher: Image Comics
Released: 11th November 2015



Progressive PC infiltration destroyed my comic-book pull list, whittling it down to almost nothing. Just tell me a story, please, make it good, don’t rely on quips, and leave statism, feminism and collectivism out of it. That’s all that I want. Does this one do it? Surprisingly, yes, it does.



Rating: 9/10

I was in two minds about buying ‘The Goddamned #1’. Writer Jason Aaron, during his Marvel Thor run, wrote Thor as a soldier flying around the world (representing America) and fighting evil dictators. By doing so his Thor came to represent US imperialism, and gave credence to the lie that has justified the US setting the Middle East on fire and ‘accidentally’ creating ISIS. You know the lie, that wars happen because the ‘good guys’ (the US) want to make the world a better place, and to get rid of evil dictators. It’s a ridiculous lie, mainly because the US supports all sorts of crazy dictators (Saudi Arabia) all over the world and is more than happy to do business with them, and I don’t want to see it again in my comic books. We need to get beyond that very basic, dumbed down version of reality that is pushed on the mainstream media, and when I see mainstream idiot lies parroted in my comic books it instantly turns me off the books. There was also the fact that he turned the ultimate symbol of Norse masculinity (Thor) into a woman, thus bowing to the femiNazi’s who are doing a very good job of destroying mainstream comic books right now. Plus, I read the previews of this book, and because it’s a story about our pre-flood civilisation I figured that Aaron is bound to be a trendy liberal atheist and take the opportunity to cr*p all over the Bible. But now that I’ve read it, I’m glad that I took a risk and gave it a chance. The story, to sum it up very succinctly, reads like a Bible story with naked, violent, sweary blokes in it. There are no moments of social justice, no moments of PC pandering, and no moments of atheist having a go at God stuff. The main protagonist is Cain (the first murderer), the story is linear, easy to follow and interesting, and the art has great colouring and an edge to it that’s perfect for a brutal story about the moral decline of early man. The Goddamned #1 is about a time when things on Earth were so bad that God decided that he’d had enough of it all, and had to wipe the slate clean and start all over again. Look at the world today, and ask yourself this question: What must he think of us today? Anyway, it’s a top book, very good, and I enjoyed it very much. If you haven’t got it, get it. That’s it, end of review, thank you Mr. Aaron.






No comments:

Post a Comment