Tuesday 14 July 2015

Extreme Music (Review): Drag Me to My Grave (Single) by Jupiterian



Genre: Doom/sludge/metal.

Released: 1st April 2015

Check out the song here:
https://jupiterian.bandcamp.com/album/drag-me-to-my-grave-single




Heavy and dense as a recurrent nightmare, the voice calls to me, taunting, insistent and relentless. There is a damp, dirty, mossy spot, underneath a yew tree, in the little village graveyard, and it’s waiting, just for me.

I speed up as the gates expand and become all that I see. They tempt, they beckon, but I accelerate away, the voice howls, screaming that I cannot run forever. Yes, I’ll be in your arms one day, rotting away to nothing, within the dank embrace of your wormy, cold, wet, clay thick muddy chamber, but not today.

Defeated, the voice is angry. I’ve escaped the despairing, defeated call of the other world. I scream at the tempter voice, you lose again, a clay thick gurgle is the response, a defiant animalistic rumble, and a reminder that the war will continue. Not today, you call me to my grave, but I keep on running. Your call is tempting, but I’m getting faster, faster, faster.

You beg, you plead, you howl, you throw out your thorny arms, the beautiful end of pain that is eternity, but all you catch is air, the trace of what I no longer am.

I keep running, not tiring, there’s no slowing down, not yet, your call entices, but your bed of eternity can wait. My race continues, at least for a while, as the rain sweeps down, drenching the soil, keeping it fresh, keen in anticipation for the inevitable feast of flesh that will surely, one day, come.


Song rating: 10/10 (Sludge, doom and decay, the relentless call of the grave)


















No comments:

Post a Comment