Friday 30 May 2014

Review: The Star Wars #8- Flush the Turd


Writer: J.W. Rinzler
Artist: Mike Mayhew
Publisher: Dark Horse Comics
Released: 28th May 2014

What a load of junk that was. I feel like the biggest sucker imaginable after paying for this load of rubbish. Eight issues and I bought all eight of them. What the hell was wrong with me? Perhaps my Star Wars fandom needs to be sorted out, because if I continue to waste my money on anything Star Wars related, even when it’s horrible, then I have nobody to blame but myself. What I should have done here was get the first two issues, realise that the awfulness was not going to get any better, and stop buying this stupid comic and wasted my time and money on it. But no, I stubbornly bought every bloody issue, and now I have eight dripping turds of an awful comic that I’ll never read again and feel a whole lot embarrassed about buying in the first place. This final issue features a drama free space battle, boring villains, a childish and unconvincing love story and a brief mention that the Death Star has blown up. Cue celebrations from underdeveloped characters that are impossible to care about, and that’s it. Don’t buy this book, and look out for the trade paperback when it’s released. Make sure you avoid it, and don’t be conned like I was. This comic book is Star Wars on a paper napkin. It’s bloody awful, knows it’s awful, and doesn’t care because suckers like this reviewer have been buying it just because it’s ‘Star Wars.’ Lesson learnt. Rating 1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment