Friday 6 February 2015

Black Metal Music Review: Temple of Daevas, by ‘From The Vastland’- Iranian passion



Band: From the Vastland
Album: Temple of Daevas
Release Date: October 6, 2014
Genre: Black Metal
Band Members:
* "Sina" - Composer, Guitars, Vocals.
* Guest Members: "Vyl" (Keep of Kalessin/Gorgoroth) - Drums.
* "Tjalve" (Den Saakaldte/Pantheon I/Horizon Ablaze/1349) - Bass.
Hometown: Tehran, Iran
Record Label: Non Serviam Records (The Netherlands) Indie Recordings (Norway)

Website: (Listen and buy album here)
http://www.fromthevastland.com/main.html

Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/fromthevastland/timeline



I have an innate need for a rasping, snarling, roaring, deviant, aggressive, powerful dose of spite in my black metal vocalisations, and that’s exactly what I get in ’Temple of Daevas’ by ‘From the Vastland.’

I noticed the immense power of the vocalist early on, but as I continued to listen I couldn’t help but recognise that it’s the rhythm section of the band that is holding everything together. There’s a pounding, relentless chugging beat about it, and it’s catchy as hell, repeating, repeating, repeating until it’s stuck in your head like a shot of heroin, addictive, delightful dangerous and compelling.

Click link at top of review to get this special deal
You feel your head nodding, your energy levels go through the roof and before long you are in fight or flight mode. That’s adrenaline pumping through your veins, and the snarling bite of the vocals are there all the time, kicking you, growling, demanding you pay attention.

I love the energy of this album, it's workout magic, keeping me going when I want to stop, the screaming, tearing defiance of it all is pure magic, and it has a sense of majesty, of immense size and scope.

This isn’t small insular music, it's big, bombastic blast your eardrums out stuff, and the creativity on display from track to track is extremely apparent when you listen to the full album in one sitting. It exudes muscular energy, determination, urgency, aggression and passion. This is music fit for a revolution. I absolutely adore it. It’s impossible to play it quietly. It screams at me, whips me upside the head demanding I play it louder, louder, louder, louder, and who am I to deny such an elemental force of nature?

This is my kind of music, if you have anything about you at all, any sense of rebellion, any passion, any deep soul aching need for independence, for freedom from the invisible chains of our age then you’ll want to get into this one immediately. I have no criticisms. I love this stuff, volume to max, play louder than loud, my adrenaline spikes to unprecedented levels. I’m pumped beyond all human endurance, and ready for anything.

Rating: 10/10



No comments:

Post a Comment